Today, I give you a challenge. Despite your hangover and lack of will to live, you will manage to look decent after a rough night out in five minutes, with five products, in five steps. I’m declaring an end to laziness, lateness and the use of oversized sunglasses indoors because you didn’t have time to get your face together. With these five products you can look like you totally care about the state of your life, all while counting down the minutes until you can crawl back into bed.
1. Apply moisturizer to your entire face followed by a primer, which will keep your makeup in place all day. Brush your teeth or do something exciting for 30 seconds while this sets.
2. Using a tinted moisturizer, apply the makeup all over your skin with your (clean!) fingers. The key to keeping your skin looking natural and not cakey is all in the application of foundation. Start at the center of your face where there is the most redness, and work your way out. The most coverage will land around your nose and cheeks and then will gradually fade to the jawline, blending perfectly with your skin. Be sure to always move foundation downwards and never to rub it in circles. By pulling your makeup upwards, you’ll trap it under the fine hairs on your face and this is where foundation gets that caked look.
3. Dab an allover color stick or cream blush on your cheeks and lips.
4. Apply a shimmer brick to your eyelids and across your cheekbones. If you’re feeling ambitious you can use just one color from the brick on your eyes, or just mix all the colors.
5. Swipe on mascara to finish the look.
Ed. Note: This look applies to actual hangovers as well as emotional hangovers aka you stayed up too late
watching Season One of Dawson’s Creek writing a term paper. All and all, a great easy daytime look.
Products used: Hourglass Veil Primer, Laura Mercier’s Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer, Nars The Multiple, Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, and Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara